Cross-posted from the Best Starts Blog
Best Starts for Kids will host a virtual open house for existing and prospective community partners to learn more about the opportunities for funding in the first quarter of 2022.
Way back in 2017, Best Start for Kids headed out on the road to spread the word about the numerous funding opportunities that were to come. Best Starts held open houses in all corners of the county, attended town hall meetings with other King County programs, and appeared as guest speakers at community events. And, if you can imagine, it was all in person.
Now we are in the era of “The Rona” and Best Starts is, once again, headed back out on the road with a similar purpose. This time, however, we will begin with a series of virtual open houses, the first of which will take place on Wednesday, January 12, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Best Starts is looking to reach new and existing BSK Champions and share information on the numerous opportunities for funding taking place in the upcoming year. Thirteen virtual sessions will be available where attendees can get information about Best Starts for Kids investment strategies, programs, upcoming RFP release dates, and more. Including sessions on:
- Community Based Parenting Supports (Kaleidoscope Play and Learn, Basic Needs Resources Brokering, and Lactation & Perinatal Supports)
- Technical Assistance: Getting Help With Your Proposal
- Positive Family Connections
- New! Best Starts for Kids Child Care Subsidy Program RFP
- Youth and Family Homelessness Prevention Initiative (YFHPI)
- Youth Development
- Youth Transitioning to Adulthood
- School Based SBIRT Planning Grants & Implementation RFP
- Innovation Supports Strategy
- Healthy and Safe Environments (HSE)
- Liberation and Healing from Systemic Racism
- Expanded Learning
- School Based Health Centers
Hear from Best Starts for Kids program managers and others as they highlight the main points of their funding opportunities and share success stories from currently funded community partners. The BSK Virtual Open House will take place via Zoom. Click HERE to visit the open house information page where you will see the complete list of sessions offered, program contact information, and links to RSVP. Zoom links will be sent out a day or two before the event. Please let the Best Starts team know how we can best support your access needs (e.g., interpretation, closed captioning, etc.) when you register. Sessions will be recorded and available for viewing to those who register.
You must be logged in to post a comment.